DISS & ROYDON DIVISION
The Diss Town Council area and Roydon parish
The Liberal Democrat Candidate in the May County Council elections was Trevor Wenman
- Trevor has lived in Diss for the last 26 years with his wife, Fiona and their two (now grown up and "fled the coop") children.
- Diss Town Councillor for a total of nine years. Has chaired several committees and has served as Mayor for an unprecedented two consecutive terms.
- Was instrumental in persuading the Town Council to take over the running of street lights in Diss to stop South Norfolk Council turning a third of them off.
- Fought a running battle with the Conservative run South Norfolk Council who threatened to knock down the toilets at the Mere's Mouth. (Spoiler alert - the loos are still standing but the refurbishment had taken ages even before the pandemic struck)
- Semi-retired local government officer with a part time job in a local supermarket.
- Special interests in planning and local government finance.
- Member of Diss Baptist Church
- Has been guilty of performing "pop-up poetry" in the Heritage Triangle under his alter ego Leo Wainwright.
- Has played a number of roles in the Dicklers drama group's annual pantos, playing three separate parts in Mary Poppins last year at Roydon Village Hall.
- Has a black and white cat who answers to the name of Louis Armstrong.
Contact Trevor by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone or text to 07963 197402